Last updated: March 2022
Have you ever made your own caramels? Try it! These melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping creme
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp truvia
Makes 6 servings
- In a pan, melt the butter. The longer you heat the butter, the darker your caramels will be.
- Add the heavy whipping creme and truvia to the pan and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then pour into silicone square candy containers.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours before removing the molds.
- Store in freezer for best results.
- calories: 202
- carbohydrates: 2g
- cholesterol: 67mg
- dietary fiber: 0g
- fat: 22g
- potassium: 5mg
- protein: 0g
- saturated fat: 14g
- sodium: 9mg
- sugars: 0g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation