Biscuits and Gravy Dinner
Last updated: March 2022
Add some chicken to the traditional biscuits and gravy breakfast and serve with dinner. Also add in a small side salad!
Makes 12 servings/biscuits
Ingredients for biscuits and gravy dinner
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 piece boneless chicken breast
- Instant gravy mix (or homemade if you prefer)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cherry tomatoes
Directions for biscuits and gravy dinner
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and stir until the consistency becomes sticky.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray then fill 3/4 full with biscuit mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the top becomes golden brown.
- While the biscuits are cooking, start preparing the chicken.
For the rest of the dinner:
- Using a meat pounder, flatten the chicken breasts.
- Place chicken slices on a large frying pan and cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- In a small bowl, make the gravy.
- In another bowl, make the salad by combining the spinach, carrots and tomatoes.
- calories: 166
- carbohydrate: 14g
- cholesterol: 51mg
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 262mg
- protein: 6g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 158mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?