Best Ever Banana Bread
Is there anything more a-peel-ing than a slice of ooey-gooey banana bread? While this loaf may be naturally gluten-free and dairy-free, it is far from satisfaction-free! Its decadent dark chocolate, blissfully delicious bananas, and cinn-fully tasty cinnamon will have your tastebuds jumping for joy. Enjoy this bread guilt-free knowing that it’s packed with protein and fiber to help keep blood glucose levels steady through even the busiest of days. Its antioxidant-rich ingredients (cinnamon, walnuts, almond flour) can also improve chronic inflammation1-3 — a common complication associated with type 2 diabetes.4 Reap the health benefits of this treat from your tastebuds to your toes! Go bananas for banana bread!
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1-inch slice
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter (I love Macadamia nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 3 cups almond flour
Directions for banana bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash and smash (get out that pent up energy) bananas with a fork.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, honey and softened plant-based butter. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add cinnamon, almond flour, dark chocolate chips, and crushed walnuts. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes. Check for doneness with toothpick or fork.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- calories: 312
- carbohydrate: 19g
- fat: 23.5g
- fiber: 4.5g
- potassium: 395mg
- protein: 9g
- sodium: 35mg
- sugar: 8.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
What aspect of diabetes management do you struggle with most?