Bell Pepper Boats
Ingredients for bell pepper boats
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 medium sized white onion
- 1/2 cup tomato basil sauce
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for bell pepper boats
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and remove the inside and seeds.
- Next, dice mushrooms, zucchini and onion.
- In a large frying pan, fry veggies in olive oil until browned.
- In a separate pan, fry ground beef for 10-15 min, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add the cooked veggies into the frying pan with the meat, then add tomato sauce and seasoning.
- Put bell pepper into the oven for 5 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Once the bell peppers are warmed/slightly cooked, add the meat mixture and cheese and bake for 10 minutes and until the cheese has melted.
- calories: 130
- carbohydrate: 7g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 213mg
- protein: 13g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 150mg
- sugar: 4g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?