Baked Tilapia with Lemon
Last updated: March 2022
This white flaky fish pairs perfectly with bright lemon and herbs and is a great source of protein.
- 4 Tilapia fillets (4-6oz each)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and lay tilapia fillets in the baking dish.
- In a small dish combine garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Lay 1-2 lemon slices on each fillet and sprinkle seasoning mixture on top of fish fillets (you may have leftover seasoning mixture)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until fish is white and flaky and no longer opaque.
- Serve hot with steamed broccoli and wild rice.
Note: You may use any mild white fish for this recipe.
*Wild rice or brown rice has about 15 grams of carbohydrate per 1/3 cup.
- calories: 174
- calories from fat: 37
- cholesterol: 75mg
- dietary fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 509mg
- protein: 33.2g
- saturated fat: 1.6g
- sodium: 569mg
- total carbohydrates: 1.7g
- total fat: 4.1g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Photograph by Kelly Dabel. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation