Baked Tilapia with Lemon
This white flaky fish pairs perfectly with bright lemon and herbs and is a great source of protein.
- 4 Tilapia fillets (4-6oz each)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and lay tilapia fillets in the baking dish.
- In a small dish combine garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Lay 1-2 lemon slices on each fillet and sprinkle seasoning mixture on top of fish fillets (you may have leftover seasoning mixture)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until fish is white and flaky and no longer opaque.
- Serve hot with steamed broccoli and wild rice.
Note: You may use any mild white fish for this recipe.
*Wild rice or brown rice has about 15 grams of carbohydrate per 1/3 cup.
- calories: 174
- calories from fat: 37
- cholesterol: 75mg
- dietary fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 509mg
- protein: 33.2g
- saturated fat: 1.6g
- sodium: 569mg
- total carbohydrates: 1.7g
- total fat: 4.1g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?