Bacon & Cabbage Frittata
Last updated: March 2022
You can make this for breakfast, brunch, a snack or a picnic and it’s great to take along in a packed lunch.
Should you be having eggs? The answer is yes! Eggs are incredibly nutritious and an excellent source of protein.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- Oil or butter for greasing
- Pre-heat a moderate oven to 350°F/180°C and grease a pie dish or baking dish.
- Dice the bacon and onion and add this to a frypan. Cook for a few minutes and add a little oil or butter if needed to stop it sticking to the pan.
- Then add the cabbage and pine nuts and cook until the cabbage has softened, add 1-2 tbsp of water if needed.
- Pour this into a pie dish or baking dish and top with the chopped parsley.
- In a bowl whisk all the eggs together with 1 tbsp water then pour this over the bacon mix. Crumble the feta on top.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins until firm to touch and browned on top. Enjoy!
- calories: 352
- carbohydrates: 8g
- cholesterol: 362mg
- fat: 28.3g
- fiber: 2.3g
- potassium: 400mg
- protein: 18.4g
- saturated fat: 8.2g
- sodium: 428mg
- sugar: 4g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation