Bacon & Cabbage Frittata
You can make this for breakfast, brunch, a snack or a picnic and it’s great to take along in a packed lunch.
Should you be having eggs? The answer is yes! Eggs are incredibly nutritious and an excellent source of protein. Check out this article to learn more!
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- Oil or butter for greasing
- Pre-heat a moderate oven to 350°F/180°C and grease a pie dish or baking dish.
- Dice the bacon and onion and add this to a frypan. Cook for a few minutes and add a little oil or butter if needed to stop it sticking to the pan.
- Then add the cabbage and pine nuts and cook until the cabbage has softened, add 1-2 tbsp of water if needed.
- Pour this into a pie dish or baking dish and top with the chopped parsley.
- In a bowl whisk all the eggs together with 1 tbsp water then pour this over the bacon mix. Crumble the feta on top.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins until firm to touch and browned on top. Enjoy!
- calories: 352
- carbohydrates: 8g
- cholesterol: 362mg
- fat: 28.3g
- fiber: 2.3g
- potassium: 400mg
- protein: 18.4g
- saturated fat: 8.2g
- sodium: 428mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?