Arugula Artichoke Salad
If you're skeptical of trying canned artichoke hearts, purchase a marinated one soaked in olive oil and seasonings, instead of pickled. I added these to a bed of tangy arugula which gives this salad great flavor!
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for arugula artichoke salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 pieces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tsp shredded parmesan cheese
Directions for arugula artichoke salad
- On a plate, lay out the fresh arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, dijon mustard and lemon juice to make the dressing.
- On a cutting board, thinly slice artichoke hearts.
- Next, grate parmesan cheese.
- Add sliced artichoke hearts on top of salad, add shredded parmesan and top with the dressing.
- calories: 87
- carbohydrate: 3g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 15mg
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 254mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you registered to be a free member of Type2Diabetes.com?