Apple Cinnamon Gummies
Looking for a sweet treat that is added sugar, dairy and gluten-free that you can make at home? Then give gummies a go! They store well in the fridge, carry them with you as snacks, or pack them in a lunch bag. Good quality grass fed or organic gelatin can be found by buying it online or in specialist grocers/supermarkets. A brand that I often use is Great Lakes Unflavoured Gelatin.
Serving size: ½ cup
- 1 cup water (250ml/8.4 fl oz)
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (80g/2.7 fl oz)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce/apple puree (110g/3.8oz)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp gelatin (64g/2.2oz)
- Whisk the water, coconut cream, apple sauce and cinnamon in a small saucepan over a low heat
- Once the mix is warm but not simmering or boiling, whisk in the gelatin, then remove the saucepan from the heat
- Pour this into a square or rectangle baking dish or container (no need to grease or line it) and place it into the fridge
- Allow it to cool and become firm to touch (about 2 hours)
- Remove it from the fridge and run a knife around the edges to loosen it, then remove the slab and place it on a cutting board
- Slice it into small squares and store in the fridge in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- calories: 91
- carbohydrates: 4.74g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 3.1g
- fiber: 0.4g
- potassium: 42.6mg
- protein: 11.1g
- saturated fat: 2.7g
- sodium: 49.9mg
- sugars: 4.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?