Air-Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Your tastebuds will be exclaiming "mama mia!" with this healthy rendition of a favorite meal. This recipe skips the heavy breading and mimics the classic crisp texture of fried chicken cutlets with an almond flour mixture to keep blood glucose levels smooth sailing.
Toss the chicken into the oven or an air fryer to bring a taste of Italy straight to your kitchen table. Then, top it with a no-salt-added or a low-sodium tomato sauce seasoned with aromatic herbs to elevate the flavor profile while keeping your health goals in check. Finally, pair this tasty entrée with roasted vegetables or a refreshing salad to add colorful nutrition to every bite.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 6 oz chicken breast
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for air-fryer chicken parmesan
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup plant-based mozzarella cheese
Directions for air-fryer chicken parmesan
- Tenderize chicken until desired thickness.
- Place almond flour, egg, and breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates.
- Submerge the chicken in flour. Then, dip in egg wash, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in an air-fryer at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 10 minutes.
- With a spoon, top breaded chicken with tomato sauce. Sprinkle cheese and warm in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit—about 5 minutes.
- Top with herbs of choice.
- Serve with salad or roasted vegetables.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 426
- carbohydrate: 22.5g
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 599mg
- protein: 49g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 446mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a family history of diabetes?