What’s the Deal with Fat?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- American Diabetes Association. Cardiovascular Disease and Risk Management: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2019. Diabetes Care. 2019; 42(1):S103–S123 https://doi.org/10.2337/dc19S010
- Understanding Triglycerides: Strategies for Counseling Patients. Today’s Dietitian Web site. https://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/0118p42.shtml. Published January 2018. Accessed April 29, 2019.
- Forouhi NG, Krauss RM, Taubes G, Willett W. Dietary fat and cardiometabolic health: evidence, controversies, and consensus for guidance. BMJ. 2018;361:k2139. doi:10.1136/bmj.k2139
- How to Optimize Your Omega-6 to Omega-3 Ratio. Health Line Web site. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/optimize-omega-6-omega-3-ratio#section2. Published June 11, 2018. Accessed April 29, 2019.
- Hayes J, Benson G. What the Latest Evidence Tells Us About Fat and Cardiovascular Health. Diabetes Spectr. 2016;29(3):171–175. doi:10.2337/diaspect.29.3.171
- DiNicolantonio JJ, O’Keefe JH. Effects of dietary fats on blood lipids: a review of direct comparison trials. Open Heart. 2018; 5:e000871. doi: 10.1136/openhrt-2018-000871