Vaccine Information. The Basics.
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- World Health Organization. Smallpox vaccines. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/vaccines/en/. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Immunization: The Basics. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Vaccines and Adults A Lifetime of Health. http://media.chop.edu/data/files/pdfs/vaccine-education-center-vaccines-adults.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Why Are Childhood Vaccines So Important? https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/howvpd.htm. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. What you Need to Know About Diabetes and Adult Vaccines. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/adults/downloads/fs-diabetes-vaccines.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators. Vaccination Practices for People with Diabetes. https://www.diabeteseducator.org/docs/default-source/practice/practice-resources/synopsis/vaccination-practices-for-people-with-diabetes.pdf?sfvrsn=0. Accessed September 14, 2017.
- American Diabetes Association Standards Of Medical Care In Diabetes-2017. Diabetes Care 2017; 40 (Suppl. 1): S25-S32.
- Medicare Interactive. Medicare coverage of vaccines and immunizations. https://www.medicareinteractive.org/get-answers/medicare-covered-services/preventive-care-services/medicare-coverage-of-vaccines-and-immunizations. Assessed September 14, 2017.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Making the Vaccine Decision. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/vaccine-decision/index.html. Assessed September 14, 2017.