The Impact of Human Error on Meter Accuracy
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- American Association of Diabetes Educators. Diabetes Educator Guide to Blood Glucose Meter Selection and Monitoring for Accuracy and Safety 2017. https://www.diabeteseducator.org/docs/default-source/practice/practice-documents/practice-papers/diabetes-educator-guide-to-blood-glucose-meter-selection-and-monitoring-for-accuracy-and-safety.pdf?sfvrsn=0. Accessed June 19, 2017.
- Erbach M, Freckmann G, Hinzmann F, et al. Interferences and Limitations in Blood Glucose Self-Testing: An Overview of the Current Knowledge. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2016, 10(5): 1161–1168.
- FDA Publishes Final Recommendations on Blood Glucose Meter Accuracy 2016. https://diatribe.org/fda-publishes-final-recommendations-blood-glucose-meter-accuracy. Accessed June 19, 2017.
- Diabetes Forecast. 10 Ways to Master you Blood Glucose Meter 2012. http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2012/apr/10-ways-to-master-your-blood-glucose-meter.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/. Accessed June 19, 2017.
- Hortensius J, Slingerland R, Kleefstra N, et al. Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose: The Use of the First or the Second Drop of Blood. Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 556-560.