Diabetes Genetics and My Children
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions - Type 2 Diabetes. Genetic Home Reference.https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/type-2-diabetes#diagnosis. Accessed March 16, 2018
- What is Gestational Diabetes. American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/gestational/what-is-gestational-diabetes.html. Accessed March 16, 2018
- Laugesen E, Østergaard JA, Leslie RDG. Latent autoimmune diabetes of the adult: current knowledge and uncertainty. Diabetic Medicine. 2015;32(7):843-852. doi:10.1111/dme.12700.
- Children six times more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes if mother has gestational diabetes. Diabetes UK. https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/gestational-diabetes-and-children.Accessed March 16, 2018
- Damm, P. (2009), Future risk of diabetes in mother and child after gestational diabetes mellitus. Intl Jrnl Gynecology & Obste, 104: S25–S26. doi: 10.1016/j.ijgo.2008.11.025
- Diabetes mellitus type 2. Genetic Testing Registry. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gtr/conditions/C0011860/. Accessed March 16, 2018