The Crossover Between Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer’s
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Alzheimer's Society - Canada. Diabetes and dementia - is there a connection? http://alzheimer.ca/en/Home/About-dementia/Alzheimer-s-disease/Risk-factors/Diabetes-dementia-connection. Accessed June 11, 2018.
- Alzheimer's Association. Mixed dementia. https://www.alz.org/dementia/downloads/topicsheet_mixed.pdf. Accessed June 11, 2018.
- Mayo Clinic. Diabetes and Alzheimer's linked. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/in-depth/diabetes-and-alzheimers/art-20046987. Accessed June 11, 2018.
- Sridhar GR, Lakshmi G, Nagamani G. Emerging links between type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. World Journal of Diabetes. 2015;6(5):744-751. doi:10.4239/wjd.v6.i5.744.
- Mayo Clinic. Vascular dementia. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vascular-dementia/symptoms-causes/syc-20378793. Accessed June 11, 2018.