Zucchini Noodles with Marinara
Zucchini has a mild flavor and when sliced thinly and flash cooked, it can be a delightful replacement for pasta or rice without all the extra carbs. See how you can make them even if you don't have a spiralizer.
- 2 large zucchinis, julienne or spiralized
- 1/2 cup no sugar added marinara
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken breast, cubed
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully slice the zucchini. You may use a Spiralizer or Mandolin cutter. If you don't have either of those you can also just slice the zucchini lengthwise very thinly with a shape knife.
- Place zucchini ribbons in boiling water and boil for about 3-4 minutes. You want the zucchini to be tender but still slightly crisp and green.
- Remove zucchini from water using a strainer or slotted spoon into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking processing. Then transfer to a a collander to help drain off excess water.
- Serve 1/2 of the zucchini noodles topped with some grilled chicken, perhaps from leftovers, and the marinara sauce.
- calories: 147
- calories from fat: 30
- cholesterol: 33mg
- dietary fiber: 3.8g
- potassium: 806mg
- protein: 15.5g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 319mg
- sugars: 8.9g
- total carbohydrates: 15.2g
- total fat: 3.4g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?