White Bean Chicken Chili
Easy to prepare and deliciously hearty, this chili is a fun twist on an old favorite.
- 2 (15oz) cans Reduced Sodium cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 cups water depending on desired thickness
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH setting for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Pull out the chicken and cut it into cubes or shred it using two forks, then return it to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine, season to taste, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
- Fiber Facts: When a recipe has 5 or more grams of fiber per serving, you can subtract the fiber from the Total Carbohydrate. For this recipe the Total Net Carbohydrates is 18 grams per serving!
- calories: 338
- cholesterol: 83mg
- dietary fiber: 11.4g
- potassium: 299mg
- protein: 38.1g
- saturated fat: 1.9g
- sodium: 512mg
- sugars: 2.6g
- total carbohydrates: 29.4g
- total fat: 7.1g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?