Vegetarian Mexican Pizza
Pizza and Mexican food are 2 of my favorite cuisines. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds. A corn tortilla shell is used as the pizza crust in place of using traditional pizza dough.
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chunky salsa
- ¼ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp. guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush tortilla with olive oil
- Heat tortilla on baking sheet for approximately 3-5minutes (until slightly crisp)
- Take tortilla out of oven
- Top tortilla with chunky salsa and shredded cheese
- Place tortilla back in oven approximately 3 minutes (until cheese melts)
- Take tortilla out of oven and top with guacamole
Would you like to see more diabetes-friendly comfort food recipes?
- calories: 247
- carbohydrates: 18g
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 10g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?