Vegetarian Goat Cheese Meatballs
Meatballs are a delicious addition to a pasta dinner and can also make a great snack. This recipe features a ground meat alternative and goat cheese. Roasted almonds are used in place of bread crumbs.
Interested in adding more vegetarian meals in your diet? Check out this article for tips and ideas.
Serving size 3 (recipe makes a total of 6 meatballs)
- 1 cup ground meat alternative, thawed
- 1 oz roasted ground almonds (*Tip: Place roasted almonds in a small plastic lunch bag. Use a meat mallet to crush almonds into a ground consistency.)
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl
- Place mixture in refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spay baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Use small cookie scoop to form meatballs
- Place meatballs on baking sheet
- Bake meatballs at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes
- Enjoy meatballs alone or add your favorite marinara sauce
- calories: 229
- carbohydrates: 9g
- fat: 22g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 13g
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?