Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
A delicious and healthful way to enjoy summer vegetables, packed with flavor and crunch.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce divided (or soy-free Coconut Aminos)
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package/bunch bean sprouts
- 1 package oyster mushrooms (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish and pour 1/4 cup soy sauce over the top.
- Bake chicken at 350'F for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165'F.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add mushrooms and onions first and saute.
- After a couple minutes, add in the rest of your vegetables, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 water and garlic powder, saute over medium heat until veggies are cooked through but still bright and vibrant.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from baking dish and thinly slice and mix in with vegetables.
- Serve stir-fried vegetables and chicken on their own or with rice if desired, and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Tips: To shorten your cooking time, cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces or use chicken tenders.
Notes: Rice is great to serve with this as it soaks up the sauce but it does add additional carbohydrates. Choose brown rice for added fiber and keep in mind that 1/4 cup of cooked rice is about 12-15 grams of carbohydrate. Also consider serving with cauliflower "rice" for another alternative.
- calories: 234
- calories from fat: 71
- cholesterol: 75mg
- dietary fiber: 2.7g
- potassium: 539mg
- protein: 29.1g
- saturated fat: 2.0g
- sodium: 501mg
- sugars: 5.0g
- total carbohydrates: 10.1g
- total fat: 7.9g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How often do you visit the Type2Diabetes.com community?