Vegetable Egg Scramble
Start your morning with this breakfast, high in iron and protein and filled with flavorful veggies.
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs. olive oil
Makes 2 servings
- 1. First, dice up mushrooms, onion and bell pepper.
- 2. Next, add olive oil to lightly coat a medium sized frying pan and fry up the diced vegetables.
- 3. In a small bowl, crack 3 eggs and mix with a fork.
- 4. Add olive oil to lightly coat a second medium sized frying pan, then add the eggs. As the eggs begin to cook, stir them to scramble the eggs.
- 5. Add 3 cups of spinach to the vegetable frying pan. Place a lid on top of the spinach so it can steam.
- 6. As a final step, combine the cooked vegetables and egg into one frying pan, stir to mix all of the ingredients together then serve.
- calories: 195
- cholesterol: 246mg
- dietary fiber: 2.8g
- potassium: 572mg
- protein: 11.2g
- saturated fat: 3.1g
- sodium: 132mg
- sugars: 4.3g
- total carbohydrates: 8.0g
- total fat: 14.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?