Turkey Taco Salad
Healthy and light, yet satisfying, this salad brings together all the delicious smokey Mexican flavors you love.
- 1.25 pounds extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 12 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15oz) can no added salt black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Fresh Salsa
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- 36 organic corn tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown turkey meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until brown and no longer pink.
- Add salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and black pepper to the turkey mixture and cook for 1 minute more to toast spices. Remove meat from the heat.
- Assemble salads with 2 cups lettuce on each plate. Top with 1/2 cup seasoned turkey, approx 1/3 cup black beans, 2 tablespoons fresh salsa and 1 tablespoon guacamole.
- Serve with 6 corn tortilla chips per plate to break up over the top of the salad or for scooping.
- calories: 343
- calories from fat: 84
- cholesterol: 64mg
- dietary fiber: 9.2g
- potassium: 529mg
- protein: 33.7g
- saturated fat: 1.9g
- sodium: 474mg
- sugars: 4.9g
- total carbohydrates: 32.6g
- total fat: 9.3g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you use a glucose monitor to check your blood sugars?