Tuna Salad with a Mediterranean Flare
I first tried this tuna salad recipe in college. I was short on food and money and needed to be creative with what I already had at my apartment. This recipe requires just a few basic ingredients. It makes a great lunch or afternoon snack.
- 3 oz. canned tuna, in water
- 2 tbsp. hummus
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 medium celery stalks (about 8 inches long)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain water from canned tuna
- Using a fork (this will help break up the tuna into fine pieces), combine hummus and tuna together in small bowl.
- Rinse celery and trim ends
- Spread tuna mixture evenly on both celery stalks
- Drizzle celery stalks with olive oil
- Finish off with salt and pepper to taste
Interested in more easy to prepare salad recipes? Check out this Chopped Salad in a Jar recipe.
- calories: 272
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 35g
- sugars: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?