Boost a traditional salad by adding more protein with trout.
- 1 egg
- 1 trout fillet
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Makes 1 serving
- In a small saucepan, boil water, then add egg. Let the egg sit in the boiling water for 5 minutes to make it hard-boiled.
- In a medium sized pan, heat olive oil and fry trout for 15 minutes, or until it is cooked.
- On a cutting board, cut tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Once the trout is cooked, transfer it onto a cutting board, take off the skin and pull the fish apart.
- Take the hard boiled egg out of the saucepan, peel it and cut it into fourths.
- To assemble the salad, put lettuce onto a plate, add tomatoes, trout and hard boiled egg.
- calories: 234
- cholesterol: 210mg
- dietary fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 497mg
- protein: 22.6g
- saturated fat: 2.9g
- sodium: 108mg
- sugars: 1.7g
- total carbohydrates: 3.2g
- total fat: 14.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?