Full of flavor and protein, this tofu scramble is a delicious new idea to add into your breakfast rotation.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14oz) package Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add in oil, onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and tender.
- Prepare the tofu by draining it and patting it with 3-4 paper towels to absorb excess liquid.
- Add tofu block to the pan and using a spoon, break it up into smaller pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle garlic powder, tumeric, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and dried thyme over the tofu and stir until well combined.
- Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes more or until the tofu is heated through.
- Serve hot with a garnish of fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Notes: If at all possible, choose organic tofu. Tofu is made from soy beans and buying organic means it will be non-GMO.
- This recipe makes two servings to spread out over two mornings or to share. Store your tofu scramble in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- calories: 185
- dietary fiber: 3.8g
- potassium: 516mg
- protein: 17.4g
- saturated fat: 2.1g
- sodium: 415mg
- sugars: 3.6g
- total carbohydrates: 8.2g
- total fat: 10.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?