Toasted Cauliflower "Rice"
Looking for a delicious side dish that's low in carbs? This cauliflower "rice" makes the perfect accompaniment to stir-fry, grilled meats or fish, and any place you'd normally eat rice. Adjust the flavors a bit to put a Mexican spin on it with cilantro and lime for a burrito bowl or add lemon and dill to pair it with grilled salmon.
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large head cauliflower (6-7" diameter)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in food processor and pulse until cauliflower is the consistency of a fine rice.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil, onions and sliced mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn up heat to high and add cauliflower, garlic powder and salt to mixture.
- Toast cauliflower, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes or until golden and tender but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- calories: 48
- calories from fat: 3
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 4.2g
- potassium: 580mg
- protein: 3.6g
- sodium: 238mg
- sugars: 4.3g
- total carbohydrates: 9.9g
- total fat: 1.4g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?