Tangy Tofu Tacos
Taco Tuesday and Meatless Monday have joined forces to create the ultimate plant-based fiesta. These irresistible tacos will remind you of nostalgic summer nights enjoying food truck feasts. Its tangy yet light flavor will make this dish an instant crowd favorite. The recipe yields four loaded tacos that will make your taste buds sing. This protein-packed dish is also vegan and gluten-free. But, don’t be afraid to make it your own!
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 2 tacos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for tangy tofu tacos
- 4 corn tortillas (4.5”)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ package of extra firm tofu
- 6 cups of raw kale
- ½ red onion
- 1/4 can of corn
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Paprika to taste
- 1 oz low-fat dairy or plant-based cheese
Directions for tangu tofu tacos
- Slice tofu into 1-inch small cubes. Remove excess water from the tofu with a paper towel.
- In a large pan on medium-high, add the tofu. Flip tofu cubes to get them evenly golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Grate or dice the clove of garlic. Incorporate into the tofu.
- Thinly slice the onion. Sauté the onions until translucent in color, about 5 minutes.
- Sauté kale until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the can of corn. Remove any excess water. Then, incorporate the corn into the pan.
- Stir ingredients constantly to avoid burning.
- Combine lime juice, salt, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot over tortillas of choice.
- Optional: top tacos with low fat or plant-based cheese of choice.
- calories: 301
- carbohydrate: 27g
- cholesterol: 185mg
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 386mg
- protein: 16g
- saturated fat: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?