I am always searching for new and exciting ways to prepare chicken. This recipe features tahini paste which is made from ground sesame seeds. For added flavor I used bone-in chicken breasts instead of boneless chicken breasts. To make this dish a complete meal serve it with your favorite salad or roasted vegetable.
Makes 2 servings
- Two 5 oz. chicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. Tahini paste
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Coat each chicken breast with 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper top and bottom of chicken breast
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes
- While chicken is baking, prepare tahini sauce and chick peas
- Combine tahini paste and peanut butter in a small glass bowl. Heat in microwave for 10-20 seconds. Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Prepare chickpeas. Dry chickpeas on a paper towel.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together chickpeas and 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Heat chickpeas on the stove top using in a small skillet. Heat on medium until crispy (approximately 5-8 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Take chicken out of oven. Allow chicken to cool slightly, carefully remove skin from chicken.
- Top chicken with Tahini sauce, crispy garbanzo beans, and sesame seeds.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Check out this Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe!
- calories: 372
- carbohydrates: 10g
- fat: 23g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 33g
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?