This easy slow cooker soup pairs the amazing flavors of seasoned turkey, beans and crisp corn, a combination the whole family will love.
- 1.25 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic power
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 8 ounces frozen corn kernals
- 3 cups water
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add ground turkey to a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add in diced onion and continue cooking until meat is no longer pink and onions are fragrant and tender.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic powder over meat and onions and toast spices for about 1 minute.
- Add seasoned meat to the bottom of slow cooker and top with diced tomatoes, beans, corn and water.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh cilantro and a slice of avocado.
- calories: 286
- cholesterol: 41mg
- dietary fiber: 6.8g
- potassium: 905mg
- protein: 20.0g
- saturated fat: 2.2g
- sodium: 352mg
- sugars: 4.8g
- total carbohydrates: 35.2g
- total fat: 9.0g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?