Sweet Potato Banana Toast
Short on time? Freeze these slices so you can pop them into the toaster for later!
Interested in learning more about starchy vegetables, like sweet potato, and their impact on blood glucose levels? Check out this article
Ingredients for sweet potato banana toast
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
Directions for sweet potato banana toast
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a small cutting board, cut off the ends of the sweet potato, then cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices (this should be around 8 slices).
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and arrange potato slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes until slices are tender.
- 5Let the baked potato cool for a bit, then spread 1/2 tsp of peanut butter on each slice.
- Slice banana and add 4 pieces to each toast slice.
- calories: 102
- carbohydrates: 15g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 4g
- potassium: 113mg
- protein: 3g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?