Stacked Beet Salad
Ingredients for stacked beet salad
- 1 small beet
- 2 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
Directions for stacked beet salad
- Wrap beet in a wet paper towel, place in a bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin.
- Slice beet into larger slices.
- Begin stacking beets and crumbled cheese on top of one another, being careful with arranging the crumbled blue cheese to make a flat layer for the beet slice to rest on top.
- Alternate between beet slices and cheese until you have used up all the beet.
- calories: 158
- carbohydrate: 14g
- cholesterol: 25mg
- fat: 9g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 22mg
- protein: 8g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 486mg
- sugar: 10g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?