If you're hosting a brunch in the near future, wow your family and friends with this fabulous squash dish. This recipe features butternut squash and muenster cheese; the two ingredients make a delightful combination!
Did you know butternut squash has 40% less carbs than potatoes? Check out this article to learn more!
Serving size: ~ 2 cups
- 12 oz (~1.5 cups) butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices muenster cheese
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave butternut squash and ¼ cup water for 4 to 5 minutes
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs together until well combined
- Add butternut squash, salt and nutmeg to skillet. Heat on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
- Pour eggs over butternut squash. Heat squash mixture on medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes (until eggs are set)
- Add muenster cheese and allow cheese to melt into squash mixture
- calories: 345
- carbohydrates: 17g
- fat: 23g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 19g
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?