Spicy Protein and Rice Bowl
This protein bowl is great for lunch or an afternoon pick me up.
Interested in more low carb lunch ideas? Check out this article!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for spicy protein and rice bowl
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, diced
- pinch cumin
- pinch paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions for spicy protein and rice bowl
- In a medium sized pan, fry up the cauliflower rice in olive oil until it is soft (~10 min).
- Add in the garbanzo beans, jalapeño peppers, cumin and paprika.
- Mix together so the seasoning is completely mixed into the dish.
- Put into a bowl and eat hot.
- calories: 142
- carbohydrates: 22g
- cholesterol: 35mg
- dietary fiber: 8g
- fat: 3g
- potassium: 9mg
- protein: 10g
- sodium: 843mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?