Spaghetti Squash Hash Browns
These hash browns are great for a breakfast-for-dinner kind of evening.
- 1 spagetti squash
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a cutting board, slice spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds/ insides.
- Fill a 9x11 pyrex dish with 1 inch of water and place squash facing down.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let the squash cool for 10 minutes, then use a fork to scoop out the squash portion and put it into a bowl.
- Using your hands, squeeze the liquid out of the squash.
- Form a patty with the squash and put it on a small frying pan with coconut oil.
- Fry each patty on each side for 5-7 minutes.
Did you know butternut squash has nearly 40 percent less carbohydrates than potatoes and sweet potatoes? Learn more about the health benefits of squash here!
- calories: 33
- carbohydrates: 1g
- fat: 4g
- potassium: 9mg
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 1mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?