Slow-Cooker Hoisin Chicken
Delicious chicken and veggies made easy with the slow cooker. High in protein and packed with sweet and salty flavor, this chicken will be sure to leave you satisfied.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, fibrous ends removed, chopped
- Add chicken to bottom of slow cooker, dust with flour and salt.
- Pour hoisin sauce on top and cook on LOW heat for 4 hours.
- When chicken is nearly done, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, broccoli, bell pepper and asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauteed vegetables over 1/2 cup brown rice. Drizzle extra sauce from the slow cooker over the chicken.
*Carb note: The brown rice contributes about 24 grams of carbohydrate. If you prefer to leave it out, this dish will have about 14.5 grams of carb. Other delicious variations to try are a green salad or Cauliflower "rice" on the side.
*Note: Hoisin sauce is a Chinese sauce, rich in flavor, and can be found on the International aisle of most markets.
- calories: 538
- cholesterol: 159mg
- dietary fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 662mg
- protein: 54.2g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 566mg
- sugars: 7.6g
- total carbohydrates: 38.6g
- total fat: 17.4g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?