The best chili in town! High in flavor, fiber, protein and yes, somewhat in calories. I think that the high calorie count is not too high for a dinner meal, but I’ll let you be the judge. Only takes half an hour to prepare. Serve with a nice green salad and your meal is complete. Feedback is welcome!
- 1 -1/2 lbs medium ground beef
- ½ large white onion, chopped, chunky
- 1 tbsp jarred garlic
- 1 large sweet green pepper, chopped, chunky
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped, chunky
- 10 stalks of celery, chopped, chunky
- 1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
- 1 jar (730 ml) Willies Chili Sauce
- 2 cans (2x 540 ml) Chili Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 can (540 ml) Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed
- 1 can (540 ml) Black Beans, rinsed
- Spray large slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Drain. Rinse with hot water to eliminate more fat. Drain again. Add to slow cooker.
- Add next 12 ingredients to slow cooker. Mix well.
- Rinse Kidney and Black beans well. Fold beans into the mixture, gently mixing to avoid crushing them.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 11-12 hrs.