Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
Full of flavor, this hearty and satisfying meal cooks low and slow to build amazing flavor just in time for dinner tonight. The slow cooker is a great way to transform an inexpensive cut of meat into the deliciously tender and flavorful star of these fajitas.
Interested in more low carb dinner ideas? Check out this article!
- 1.25 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 3 bell peppers, varied colors, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded, sliced
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Place cubed meat in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place peppers, onion, mushrooms and minced garlic over meat.
- In a small dish combine all spices with a spoon. Sprinkle spice mixture over meat and veggies.
- Add water and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours until meat is cooked through and tender.
- Each slow cooker is slightly different. Keep an eye on your slow cooker throughout the day the first time you make this, if needed add another 1/4 cup water.
Carb Tip: If you are looking for an even lower carb option, try serving your fajitas in lettuce wraps instead of corn tortillas for approximately 10.7grams of carb for two fajitas.
- calories: 320
- calories from fat: 70
- cholesterol: 84mg
- dietary fiber: 5.4g
- potassium: 742mg
- protein: 33.2g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 486mg
- sugars: 4.5g
- total carbohydrates: 29.3g
- total fat: 7.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you registered to be a free member of Type2Diabetes.com?