Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Looking for take-out flavors at home? Try this savory beef and broccoli for dinner tonight and let your slow cooker do all the work.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1.25 pounds boneless beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1.5 cups water
- Combine 1 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic powder in bottom of your slow cooker. Mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Add in beef pieces and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Prepare brown rice per package instructions with water. Typically brown rice takes about 40-50 minutes to cook.
- Add in broccoli florets during the last 15 minutes of cooking and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serve over rice and spoon sauce from slow cooker, over top.
Tip: If you prefer a lower carb option, leave out the rice for a total carb of 11.9 grams per serving. Cauliflower Rice is another great alternative.
- calories: 408
- carbohydrates: 46.9g
- cholesterol: 84mg
- dietary fiber: 3.3g
- potassium: 656mg
- protein: 34.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 435mg
- sugars: 8.8g
- total fat: 9.8g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?