Skillet Cashew Peppers
Bell peppers are delicious (in my opinion) and a great way to add a pop of color to your plate! Enjoy this recipe as a side to your favorite chicken or fish dish.
Interested in more healthy side dish ideas? Check out these 9 diabetes-friendly side dishes!
Serving size: ~ ½ cup
Ingredients for skillet cashew peppers:
- 1 cup yellow, orange, and red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp lite soy sauce
- 1 individual package (0.62 oz) of salted cashews, crushed
Directions for skillet cashew peppers:
- In a medium-size skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat (until melted)
- Add in soy sauce and bell peppers
- Heat on medium heat for 6-8 minutes
- Stir in cashews
- Heat for another 1-2 minutes
- calories: 113
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 9g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 2g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?