Shrimp Carrot Pasta
Shrimp is one of my favorite foods so I am always looking for new ways to enjoy this crustacean. This dish features carrot veggie spirals which have far fewer carbs than traditional wheat pasta. This recipe makes a great lunch or dinner meal.
Interested in learning more about low carb pasta alternatives? Check out these 10 pasta substitutions
Serving size: approximately 2 cups
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 16 oz shrimp, cooked
- 1 bag Green Giant veggie spirals-Carrot
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup cashews, crushed
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and shrimp over medium for 4 to 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, prepare sauce: whisk together peanut butter (first melt in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds) and soy sauce
- Use a separate large skillet to heat Green Giant Veggies Spirals. Once thawed pour in sauce. Toss ingredients, gently, until Veggies Spirals are coated in sauce
- Transfer shrimp into veggie spiral mixture. Gently stir ingredients together
- Continue to heat shrimp dish, on medium heat, for 2-3 minutes
- Stir in crushed cashews
- calories: 320
- carbohydrates: 15g
- fat: 13g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 37g
- sugar: 5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?