Shredded Vegetable Asian Chicken Salad
The earthy flavor and crunch of kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and carrots pair perfectly with this tangy and sweet dressing. Add some flavorful chicken to elevate this salad to an entree.
- 3 broccoli stalks, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 cups shredded Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cups shredded kale leaves, thick stems removed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded white-meat Rotisserie chicken
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon light Agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger root
- Using a food processor with the shredding blade, shred broccoli stalks, carrot, brussel sprouts and kale leaves. Alternately, you can use a box grater or buy them already shredded.
- In a large salad bowl combine all shredded vegetables and shredded chicken and toss to combine.
- In a mixing bowl whisk all dressing ingredients until well incorporated.
- Plate 1 1/2 cups of salad per plate and lightly dress with 1 tablespoon of dressing.
Note: Store leftover salad and dressing separately until ready to serve. Extra dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Tip: Grill up some chicken breasts ahead for this recipe or shred some plain rotisserie chicken as a time saver. Avoid rotisserie chicken that has an overpowering flavor added, such as Cajun or one that has added sugar.
Serves 8 (1.5 cups each, plus 1 tbsp dressing)
- calories: 134
- calories from fat: 51
- carbohydrates: 11.8g
- cholesterol: 21mg
- dietary fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 278mg
- protein: 10.7g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 568mg
- sugars: 3.6g
- total fat: 5.7g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?