Sesame Shrimp Stir-fry with Broccoli
Craving some take-out style food at home? This high-protein shrimp and crunchy broccoli dish fits the bill and you'll love the delicious sweet and salty sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10oz Medium Shrimp, frozen, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds (garnish)
- Thaw frozen shrimp in a colander under cool water for 1 minute.
- Add oil to a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add in shrimp to pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add in water and broccoli and saute for 2-3 minutes more until broccoli is crisp-tender but still bright green.
- In a small bowl, while shrimp and broccoli are cooking, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Once shrimp and broccoli are cooked, pour sauce over and keep on the heat for 1 minute more and stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat, serve hot with a garnish of sesame seeds.
- calories: 218
- cholesterol: 191mg
- dietary fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 399mg
- protein: 28.0g
- saturated fat: 0.6g
- sodium: 485mg
- sugars: 5.7g
- total carbohydrates: 12.2g
- total fat: 6.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?