Sausage and Polenta
If you like eating polenta, try making it yourself and serving it with sausage.
- 4 turkey sausages
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups water
- chili powder to taste
- In a medium sized pan, add water and boil.
- Once water has boiled, add polenta and simmer for 15 minutes until it is cooked.
- Pour polenta into a glass circular pan and let it cool.
- In a large pan, cook turkey sausages until cooked and golden brown.
- Cut cooled polenta into fourths, then heat in the microwave or on the stove to warm.
- As a final touch, top polenta with chili powder in order to give it more flavor.
- calories: 310
- calories from fat: 182
- cholesterol: 60mg
- potassium: 208mg
- protein: 15.2g
- saturated fat: 6.5g
- sodium: 532mg
- total carbohydrates: 15.2g
- total fat: 20.3g
- trans fat: 0.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?