Salsa Chicken Thighs With Spaghetti Squash
This recipe is the start of a new tradition in my family. My daughter made it for us with pasta the first time we had it. We really enjoyed it. I enhanced it by replacing the pasta with spaghetti squash since I’m not a big fan of pasta. Hope you like it. Would love to hear your thoughts after you try it.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for salsa chicken thighs with spaghetti squash
- 3 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1.5 cups spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp butter
Directions for for salsa chicken thighs with spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chicken thighs on a baking sheet and spread salsa over chicken.
- Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F, approx 35-45 min depending on the size of the thigh.
- Once the chicken is in the oven, wash the outside of the squash with soap and water. Rinse well. Cut in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Place 1/2 tbsp of butter in each half of the squash. Place face up in an open baking dish. Cover with microwave plastic.
- Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables & enjoy!
Note: Nutrient breakdown does not include your choice of vegetable.
- calories: 535
- carbohydrate: 26.5
- cholesterol: 179mg
- fat: 28.5g
- fiber: 10g
- potassium: 469mg
- protein: 42g
- saturated fat: 12g
- sodium: 2081mg
- sugar: 20g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?