Salad Skewers with Homemade Ranch
This twist on salad makes a party-perfect appetizer or side dish. Easy to make and even more fun to eat.
- 1 head Iceburg Lettuce (or Romaine Hearts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cup Long English Cucumber
- wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Plain Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Remove outermost leaves from head of lettuce and slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Carefully, assemble skewers with a cherry tomatoes, lettuce wedges and cucumber taking care to skewer through the middle of each piece.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until well combined. Serve chilled.
Makes 10 skewers, or 5 servings (2 skewers per serving)
- calories: 43
- calories from fat: 3
- cholesterol: 2mg
- dietary fiber: 1.8g
- potassium: 255mg
- protein: 4.0g
- sodium: 143mg
- sugars: 4.5g
- total carbohydrates: 6.9g
- total fat: 0.3g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?