Change up your next salad by trying dandelion greens.
Interested in more salad ideas? Check out these mason jar salad recipes!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for salad lyonnaise
- 10 dandelion greens
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
Directions for salad lyonnaise
- On a cutting board, cut off the ends of the dandelion leaves then place on the plate, layering 5 leaves on top of the other 5, making a grid.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil, then add 2 tbs. of vinegar.
- Using a whisk, whisk water in a circular motion, then carefully crack the egg into the water, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook the egg in the water for 4 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove the poached egg.
- Place the poached egg onto the bed of lettuce, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the egg is cooking, add bacon to a pan and fry until crispy. Cut into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle on top of greens.
- calories: 124
- cholesterol: 194mg
- dietary fiber: 1g
- fat: 8g
- monounsaturated fat: 3g
- potassium: 218mg
- protein: 10g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 252mg
- sugar: 1g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original
How stressed out do you feel today?