Rosemary Parmesan Gourmet-Style Popcorn
Looking for a way to jazz up your popcorn? Try adding this infusion of savory garlic and woodsy fresh rosemary. Serve in coffee mugs for an easy way to keep your portion size in check.
- 4 cups plain popped Popcorn
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil (Or Olive oil)
- 1 1/2 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- In a small pot over medium-high heat add Avocado oil, Rosemary and garlic.
- Lightly simmer about 1 minute until garlic begins to turn golden and herbs are fragrant.
- Remove from heat and pour infused oil with herbs and garlic into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Put 4 cups plain popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour warm garlic-rosemary Infused oil over the top and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined.
Note: There are many methods for popping popcorn. Hot air popcorn poppers do not require any oil and therefore make a light and low calorie result. If you choose to prepare your popcorn on the stove top, with added oil, keep in mind the additional calories and fat that will be added to your end result
Tips: Avocado oil can be found in specialty markets, Natural Foods stores or even in your local Large Warehouse store. Avocado oil is high in monounsaturated fat (good fat) and it has a high smoke point making it ideal for sauteing, grilling or other high-heat cooking.
Per serving (serves 4)
- calories: 78
- cholesterol: 3mg
- fiber: 1.7g
- potassium: 43mg
- protein: 2.3g
- saturated fat: 1.1g
- sodium: 34mg
- sugars: 1.2g
- total carbohydrates: 7.5g
- total fat: 4.8g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?