Roasted Red Beet Dip
Add some color to the appetizers at a party or your snack at home with this delicious roasted red beet dip! It's perfect as a side for veggies or a spread for some whole wheat crackers.
Interested in learning more about the health benefits of beets? Check out this article!
- 2 small beets
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Makes 6 servings
- Roast beets in the oven: Preheat oven to 375. Wrap two small beets in aluminum foil and place in preheated oven for 20 min (maybe longer based on the size of beets) or until easily stuck with a fork
- Peel beets by rubbing the skin off with your hands. Let beets cool.
- Cut beets into bite sized pieces (approximately ¼ by ¼ inch)
- Drain and rinse can of garbanzo beans—pat beans dry
- Add garbanzo beans, roasted beets, olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper into large food processor. (If your food processor is a smaller volume, try blending in smaller batches with several tablespoons of beets, garbanzo beans and some oil and spices)
- Add additional salt or pepper to taste
- Place in serving bowl and serve with veggies, or crackers of your choice
*Helpful hints:You can also find pre-roasted and peeled whole beets in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. Roasted beets provide more flavor compared to canned beets.
- calories: 92
- carbohydrates: 14g
- fat: 4g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 4g
- saturated fat: 0g
- sodium: 92mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?