Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and Walnuts
Autumn is here! Many high sugar foods become readily available during this time of year, some of which include: caramel apples, donuts, and Halloween candy. If you are looking for a an option that is low in sugar, try snacking on pumpkin seeds.
Serving size ¼ cup
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tsp course kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a together in a small pour
- Mix ingredients together until pumpkin seeds and walnuts are well coated
- Pour mixture evenly onto baking sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes
- calories: 135
- carbohydrates: 9g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 3g
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?