Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts
Having a busy day? Not a problem! You can still eat a healthy, home-cooked meal. Roasting butternut squash and Brussels sprouts only takes a few minutes and its absolutely delicious.
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a cutting board, cut away/peel the skin of the butternut squash.
- Next, dice the butternut squash into cubes.
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half.
- In a 9 x 11 glass pan, mix together butternut squash and brussels sprouts.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the pan and mix together.
- Bake dish in oven for 45 min until the butternut squash is soft.
- calories: 41
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 2.2g
- potassium: 332mg
- protein: 1.4g
- sodium: 8mg
- sugars: 2g
- total carbohydrates: 10.2g
- total fat: 0.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?