Roast Eggplant Dip
I’m not sure what it is at the moment, perhaps my taste buds have matured but I am really loving everything eggplant at the moment!
This roast eggplant dip AKA baba ganoush is creamy and delicious and great to have as a snack with a few veggie sticks.
It makes about 2 cups of dip which should serve about 6 people and it’s nice to enjoy warm and freshly made or store it in the fridge until needed and serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Serving size: 6
- 2 large eggplants (about 850g/30oz)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- Juice from one lemon (about 2-3 tbs)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pre-heat a moderate oven (180°C/350°F)
- Cut the eggplants in half and place face down on a greased baking tray and prick the skin with a fork
- Add the peeled cloves of garlic to the tray and place the tray in the oven for about 45min or until the eggplant is soft on the inside
- Remove the tray from the oven and once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, scoop out the eggplant flesh with a spoon and place it in a bowl, discard the skins
- On a chopping board mash the roasted garlic using the back of a fork then add it to the eggplant with the tahini, lemon juice, cumin and salt and mix to combine, or place all the ingredients in a food processor to blend
- Serve with the olive oil drizzled over the top
- calories: 102
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 5.3g
- potassium: 314.2mg
- protein: 3.2g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 75.6mg
- sugars: 4.6g
- total carbohydrates: 4.8g
- total fat: 6.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?